The Alternative Consumer

This blog focuses on environmental issues, and healthy lifestyle choices -- new products and service options for your self, your friends, family and home. It's all about making smart choices, and living well!

Monday, July 24, 2006

Delivering the Goods

10 years ago I began getting organic produce delivered fresh to my apt, and I'm happy to say that the service I used, Urban Organic is still going strong. What I always appreciated about them was their enthusiasm for what they do. Included in each week's box of certified organic produce was an enclosure with suggested recipes and tips on storing the green goods. I still refer to their list. They were probably the first organic produce delivery service for NYC, and have expanded to now offer an array of organic groceries as well. Yes, they preceded Fresh Direct. Nice going, Guys and keep up the good work.

There's a new organic delivery service in Melbourne, Australia, organicangels.com that will deliver organic dairy, produce as well as other groceries to your door every Monday, provided you order by Saturday, 8pm. If you use them, let me know how it goes.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Must be something about organic food. I find the people who grow and sell it at my local markets are always so happy. It just feels good being there, best wishes, The Artist

5:03 AM  
Blogger Galli Galli Sim Sim said...

I know! Must be very rewarding to till the land & put the good greens into other people's hands... people who want your fresh produce, and appreciate all the tender loving care that goes into organic farming. good karma.

10:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home