The Alternative Consumer

This blog focuses on environmental issues, and healthy lifestyle choices -- new products and service options for your self, your friends, family and home. It's all about making smart choices, and living well!

Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Clean Up Your Act





In an effort to be environmentally conscious, I’ve spent some time this morning cleaning up my desk. Ok, it took more time than I care to admit, but here’s the thing…I uncovered a little mantra that I’d been saving for awhile. And digging a little further, I found another. There must be a message in the mess, no? So here they are:



Go for long walks,
Indulge in hot baths,
Question your assumptions,
Be kind to yourself,
Live for the moment,
Loosen up, scream,
Curse the world,
Count your blessings,
Just let go,
Just be.
---From a novel by Carol Shields, a wonderful writer who passed too young


Live with intention.
Listen hard.
Walk to the edge.
Practice wellness.
Play with abandon.
Laugh.
Choose with no regret.
Appreciate your friends.
Do what you love.
Live as if this is all there is.
--from Maryanne Radmacher-Hershey
/jb

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home