The Alternative Consumer

This blog focuses on environmental issues, and healthy lifestyle choices -- new products and service options for your self, your friends, family and home. It's all about making smart choices, and living well!

Wednesday, April 12, 2006

May You Rest in Green Peace


We plan our green lives...for a peaceful, satisfying existence. And now we can plan our green deaths. Screeeech. What? Plan my death, I can't even get my head around the idea that....I'm gonna die. I won't live forever? OMG. PANIC. Red Alert.
OK I'm still breathing and thinking, and all I can say at the moment is -- here are some folks with lots of eco-friendly ideas about how to have a final green resting place.

Some of these names just kill me.
Compakta
Ecopod
Forest of Memories
Green Endings
Glendale Nature Preserve
Green Burial Council

Most Ramsey Creek burials, which involve non-embalmed bodies in biodegradable cardboard or wooden caskets, cost around $2,500, with 25% of the cost going to maintaining the natural habitat.

I guess the upside is...we may not have had a say in how we were born into this world, but we can have a say in our final farewell.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home